Tallahassee - The Lively Building
located at the SW corner of Monroe Street and College Avenue was the location of The Leon Bar. It operated from 1892 to 1904 and was a gathering spot for the roughest sort of element. Many shootings occurred there as well as murders. The City passed an ordinance in 1904 that outlawed the sale of alcohol within the city limits effectively putting The Leon out of business. Today there is rumor that some of the Crackers (slang for the cowboys who frequented the bar so named for the whips they used to corral the cattle) are still hanging around the corner where The Leon was once located.
There are 287 Haunts nearby
|Location Approximate!!! Care to correct it?|